Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bringing in 2009

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

I am certain that I won't be up when the clock strikes midnight tonight. It is 9:00 pm and I have already had a nap today and am ready for bed again. This yoga thing is kicking my ass.

Anyone have any resolutions?

I am not one for resolutions. Resolutions, to me, are like diets and I am not one for those either. I don't really feel like I stray too far from my main game plan throughout the year therefore a declaration when starting a new calender year is unnecessary. I am a 'feel' player. If I feel like I am eating too much ice cream, too much bread or too little goodness then I will adjust on the fly.

Did anyone do anything fun? I recall 'doing something' on about 3 different occasions. Mostly I just hang out at home.

One of my new years celebrations was with one of my best friends Keely. She and I were probably in about grade 9 or 10 and she was sleeping over at my house. I remember watching Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve and dancing to INXS'
"Need You Tonight" and "Devil Inside".

In university, a group of my friends from school rented a couple of hotel ro
oms in Banff and went to a New Years Party at the Banff Springs Hotel. We did the whole thing where we got fancy dresses and spent all the money. I also remember the night before at some Irish pub in downtown Banff being way more fun.

I also remember a New Years party at the Legion Hall in Drayton Valley where I had a few too many libations. I think I was smoking a cigar and dancing like crazy in and amongst all of the locals that I had known since I was a kid. I didn't do anything particularly out of the ordinary, but I remember being embarrassed to have been kind of crazy like that.

Otherwise, I am really low key on New Years most of the time. I don't succumb to the pressure of bringing it in with a bang...more like a low hum...just like any normal day.

Tonight I am more happy that the jackets are on a 3 game winning streak to end the 2008 calender year than the turning the page for the new one.

Here is to a healthy and happy 2009 to everyone.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Sis and Hitch. The Jackets are playing awesome. Mason rocks!!