Friday, December 19, 2008

A kicking motion

You want to see a kicking motion? I will show you a kicking motion, yet curiously this one was allowed. That is three incidents withing a 31 game span that has been a royal screw over against the jackets.



That is a kicking motion if I have ever seen it and yes, it gets allowed. Take note that they announcers that you hear are the NYR guys and even they know it shouldn't have been allowed and were surprised that it was.

Note: there was NOT ONE MENTION of this controversy on NHL on the Fly this morning (NHL's own network). Typically when a coach speaks out the way Hitch did, it is played and replayed. Clearly the NHL knows he is right and wants to bury this as quickly as possible.

2 comments:

Douglas said...

Yep, that was the goal that I was talking about on HF and I remember talking to you about it when it happened.

The only thing the war room had to stand on was that he never actually connected with the puck when he tried to kick it. However he turned his skate to direct it again and kicked after it. Meaning he was trying to score a goal with his skate.

Seeing as the intent is to not impale a player with your skate, that one, clearly, should never have been allowed.

zorba said...

Makes you sick doesn't it.

I wrote a letter to NHL home ice XM radio and put Bettman in the subject heading. I am certain that I will not get a response, but maybe someone will read it.

In the letter I included the clip of both of those goals and asked for an explanation as to why the one was allowed and the other was not.

Sickening.