Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tale of the Toes

Remember a few weeks ago when I wrote out my 'dek toe'? Well, today I decided to remove the nail polish so I could really assess the damage. All this time I thought I had a minor nail issue, but needless to say I was quite surprised at while lied beneath my wonderful pedicure. See for yourself:

Can you believe it? Again, I know they look like my thumbs, but believe me, those are my toes. I have the distinguished ability to sp
read my toes apart as if they were fingers, but they aren't. Back on topic...
I knew that I might be losing my toenail on the left, but honestly didn't anticipate the toe on the right to be completely blue like it is! The sensation when the one on the right happened was that of a bursting sensation, but it didn't put me on the sidelines like jam on the left. Yeouch!

Below is my sister's version of dek toe--her second toe faces the wrath of the inside of her running shoe and has a small black fleck in the center on it...get real close to your screen and you might be able to see it. Go ahead...get reaaaaaallly close up. Can you see it?



She just wanted her chubby little toe to get some face time.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister, this is a legitimate injury caused by running. It hurt a lot....

zorba said...

Yes, I know it is...it looks very painful.