Friday, December 26, 2008

Skype Christmas

I hope everyone had a safe and healthy holiday...other than eating too much junk, I know I did. It took a more than a few hours for both Hitch and myself to get over the beating that LA handed the Jackets on Tuesday night. That was the first time I had seen the jackets chase the game, and flat out get killed like that at home. They have had lackluster efforts at home, but that was a beating for the first 25 minutes of the game. It was a chance for the jackets to get back to .500 instead, they fall two games below. Yes, we are undermanned, but we need to be better than that.

Christmas Eve started early for Hitch. He was out of the house at around 6 am en route to get some wrapping paper. On his way home he picked up the turkey fixin's and did all the shopping for us. What a guy, eh?

I had some running around and last minute shopping to do so I set out of the house around 11. It was warm out, but raining. I think the rain was actually good because it may have kept the crowds down a bit. After a few hours I was finished and had a bunch of wrapping to get done before dinner.

We ate our turkey, cleaned up, and because it is a German tradition in my family to open gifts on Christmas Eve, we began opening. For two people in the house, there was plenty to unwrap! Hitch, as usual, came up with some really appropriate gifts for me. He got me a new camera and case, the Caesar Milan book, the Extras DVD's both season's and the season finale, a carrying case for my xbox (my other one broke), fancy warm up slippers, some great North Face clothing, and two pairs of beautiful earrings. I promised to kill him if he spent too much on them.

From my sister we both got gift certificates for Amazon.com and my parents got me a harddrive and some good old cashola! Thanks guys!

A really neat part of Christmas for me was when I called my sister on Skype and had a chance to watch and visit with my family back in my hometown. Skype allowed me to feel like I was there without having to go through the travel. The kids got to show me all of their 'goods' and I got to share some of their excitement. I think Skype is going to be a good answer for a lot of people who can't make (or don't want) to make the travel.

On Christmas Day, Hitch and I went to the movie Valkyrie. That was the Tom Cruise WWII movie about one of the plot's to kill Hitler that was based on a true story. It was really a good movie and the theatre was about 3/4's full. If anyone is interested in another GREAT WWII movie there is a foreign film called Downfall. It is all in German and is about Hitler's last two weeks in his underground bunker before he committed suicide. The guy who plays Hitler does an INCREDIBLE job and was nominated for an oscar. The movie is in Blockbuster in the foregin section.

Now that Christmas is over, and we are both leaving on the 28th, I think I will take down the tree and 'normify' the house. Hitch is back into his coaching routing and is getting ready for the flyers. As much as I hate that team, there is no denying that they are a loaded team with formidable special teams. I am nervous already, but would not be surprised to see the jackets get beat. Mind you, RJ will be playing his former team, the jackets know how Hitch was wrongly fired, and will be expected to go all out after their embarrassing loss to LA on Tuesday. It could make for a firey game.




No comments: