Friday, January 2, 2009

Old Lady

I wanted to go to bed at 5:30 last night, but I couldn't let myself. I stayed up until 8:30.

I finished reading my new book: Karlology and shut it down after that--about 9:00. What is that all about, eh?

Could I still be on Columbus time? Maybe, but I sleep until around 6 (set my alarm to get up for Yoga) so it isn't like I am up at 4 or anything. The desert does that too you though. I am convinced it has something do with getting dark so early and the level of darkness. By 5:30 it has been quite dark for about an hour and a half and your mind is telling your body that it is time to start gearing down for bed. I understand why people go to dinner at 4 o clock and are in bed by 7. It makes perfect sense to me and I could easily get into that routine.

I am 35 years old and live like a 60 year old. What will I be like when I am 40, 50, 60? Wow. Scary thought sometimes.



Me at 40

No comments: