Thursday, January 8, 2009

Movin' and Shakin'--***CONFIRMATION***

***The 'quake last night was confirmed as a 4.5 on the richter scale and the epicenter was in San Bernadino (approx. 90 miles from here).
--------------------------------------------------

At approximately 7:50 pm pacific time, I felt an earthquake.

It always feels like someone is pushing the couch, which makes me jump because I think someone got my house. I don't think further explanation as to why that would freak you out.

Since living in California I have felt a number of shakers, but nothing major (thankfully). Usually they just feel like it is super windy out which might be giving the house a bit of a shake. When it lasts longer than a few seconds, it becomes clear that it isn't the wind. The worst thing about it is that you don't know if it is the beginning of 'the big one' or how long it is going to last. The one tonight only lasted a few seconds and it wasn't even strong enough to knock an empty water bottle off of my end table and you know how easy it is to do that.

All is well here in the Coachella Valley...

No comments: