Saturday, September 27, 2008

This is how it should work


If I had it my way this is how it would work:

When you worked out, you would work your body to a certain level of fitness and you could then remain at that level for 1/2 the amount of time it took you to get there. This would give you time to enjoy your fitness level and your new body. You wouldn't have to continue the drudgery of going to the gym day in and day out.

Now, I get the whole 'not eating junk thing'. I am not much of a junk eater. Ice cream is typically where I cave and can consume quantities of ice cream that would make Ben and Jerry's eyes pop out of their chubby heads. However, there are many times where I pass up sweets or something fattening for the sake of my health and, let's be honest, the fear of the tube that engulfs my mid-section. I think NOT eating these things is as valuable as spending time in the gym, but you get nothing for it. It isn't like your body recognizes the fact that you declined the opportunity to ingest something in the 1100 calorie range and rewards you for it. Nope. Just nothing.



Well, if I had it my way, NOT eating something fattening would provide you the benefit equivalent of 30 minutes of cardio in the gym. It takes just as much discipline and will power to NOT eat that certain something as it does to go to the gym doesn't it?

Tonight was a good example. I was thinking about the plate of cookies that they have at the front desk of the hotel, but instead I opted for a bin full of green grapes. I think that is worth something other than the nutritional value of the grapes, don't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good to me!

dkruzer said...

Ella moree! Good info from the Pro!
Good job on the grapes, I would have taken ALL the cookies and saved them for my midnight snacks. :) xo Couznoze.