Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nothing worse than crappy internet.


I traveled to Venice Florida today to get ready to compete in the 2nd stage of Qualifying school (Sept. 30th-October 3rd). The travel day went quite quickly and smoothly considering it is a cross country flight. 2.5 hours to Dallas, get to the gate and then another 2 hour flight to Tampa.

I checked into my hotel at the Best Western to a nice big room with a tv with regular cable (which is nice compared to the hotel programming that has movie options and very few of the staple channels ie: the golf channel and even some networks). I have stayed in this hotel for the past couple of years and I recall having trouble with the internet service in the past so I asked about the internet status in the rooms upon check-in: 'oh yeah, the internet in the rooms is fine'. Right then, good.

I dumped my bags off and went and got something to eat and some groceries. Finally, a few hours later, when I put my computer on I discovered the internet was not fine. It's not even close to fine. It shows a very weak signal and then it either stalls out or can't process the page (or whatever the proper terminology is). Getting to this page to write this blog post took about 15 minutes of setting and resetting the connection. I hate to see how long it is going to take me to add a picture and publish this sucker. Forget about adding a photo--I will be here all night trying.

Don't these people know I have a lot of purusing to do? What is going to happen when I am trying to listen to the bluejackets game on the internet tomorrow night?

Good thing there is a common computer in the lobby...I hope the front desk people like hockey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, you are sooooooo CUTE Corina! I can just visualize you getting all pissed with the high-speed service. Too funny.
I guess I won't be calling you "Darling" then, anytime soon........oops!

Bermuda
p.s. and Tina, just because your sis never wants to visit me doesn't mean that YOU can't.....

Anonymous said...

Any Starbucks are other public wifi around?

Good luck in the q-school!

Can't wait for the game tonight. Hitch breaking out the bug guns!