Monday, September 22, 2008

Booted

As you all know I got the new NHL '09 game last week and I have been really enjoying it. You create a player, make him look exactly how you want him to look and chose his equipment right now to his skate blades! It is pretty cool (check out the photo--note the name on the jersey :)).

Anyway, I have been playing online quite a bit and am an okay RW. In fact, my overall rating is a "B". My strength is my positional play and my stats, I am nearly a point a game player which is pretty good. It would seem that I was good enough to attract a few 'club invites' from some fellow players. I was surprised to see 3 invites from random clubs in my box so I decided to accept one and see what it was all about. You can only belong to one club team at a time so I chose the NJ Tornado as my club.

I go into my first game with my new teammates and they both chose the wing, so I chose the 'center' position, not my natural position. I am not great at faceoffs, and it showed early in the game, but I got better as we went on and won my fair share. We ended up winning the game 3-0, I think I got 1 assist but no goals. We played well and was thinking how much I was going to enjoy this club team because they knew hockey and played their positions well.
I was actually kind of excited to be part of a team and have regulars to play with.

As the game finishes up it goes through the 3 stars of the game and then it gives you your grades for the night. My grades were right in line with my standard grades: A for positioning, C for team play and and A for stats. We exit the game and I go to enter the dressing room for another game and
BAM! a message comes up:

"You are not a member of a club"

I got kicked out. They kicked me off their club team.

That hurt my feelings.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Sisty! That sucks!!! Oh well, at least you had fun...I felt your pain though.

Anonymous said...

Hey C,
What happens to your linemates when their moms come down and yells, "Boys, it's bedtime. Get upstairs and brush your teeth."
LOL!

Bermuda

zorba said...

No doubt--it is hilarious--you are sitting there with your headset on and hear: 'whaaaaaaaaat? I am playing my game I will do it later'...

It is hilarious. Ahhh, good times good times.

That being said, you HAVE to get this game so we can make our own club team.

Anonymous said...

lol, booted by 12 year old elist jerks.

The world of cyber gaming is taken way too seriously.

Anonymous said...

Sure C, I'll go out and get NHL '09 so that you can kick my ASS at Hockey!!! I could NEVER let that happen. LOL.

BTW, after Q-school in FLA....I'm not much further you know!! Just keep heading west baby...

Bermuda
ps. is your phone broken?

Anonymous said...

Hey C,
Okay just a follow up! You have to do a blog on "Online dating"...LOL! Since you never call me anymore :( I've joined 2 online dating sites. I have to say it's some of the most fun I've ever had and the best $29 ever spent (yes, I'm a little loaded now, blame my boss)
Anyway, can't decide what is more fun....reading the emails I get from the bearded Ukranian women from the Lava site that actually think I would come within 100 yards of them or the women on the UKdating site that are only out to scam men out of money!! Can you imagine someone thinking they can scam me?? Okay maybe Charlize Theron could. Anyway having a blast...will fill you in on MSN someday.

Bermuda

Anonymous said...

lol, UK and Ukranian dating sites? Someone is hitting the fringe of online dating...