Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well, that's it.

The official part of my golf season for 2008 is over. I was very poor at my second crack at making it to finals and I am on an early flight home tomorrow after missing the cut. Disappointed? Hm. That's one word that comes to mind, here are a few others: pissed, frustrated, exhausted, bewildered, puzzled, dumbfounded, saddened, disheartened, dismayed, and flat out bummed out.

It is really frustrating to me that you can prepare, put in all the work and effort, feel good about your game and the progress of your game and then when it comes to the proving ground, can't seem to bring your
'self' to the arena. I had a decent season overall (3 wins and winning the professional order of merit on the Canadian Tour along with several top 10's), but essentially I structured everything around giving myself the best chance at having success at q-school and it didn't happen. It is very difficult to feel pleased about anything right now.

What does the next few weeks/months hold for me? Well, I will head back to La Quinta and get myself unpacked and hang the clubs up for awhile. I will take a few days to digest and rehash the season and after that I will likely go to Phoenix and meet up with Hitch and the bluejackets and tag along for the remainder of their opening road trip before going back to Columbus for the opener vs. Nashville on the 17th.

I will probably write more on the matter later. Right now, everything is pretty raw.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't qualify. I was pulling for you.

Anonymous said...

aww Sisty. I'm here for ya. I'll call ya tomorrow. xoT