Monday, October 6, 2008

I've been accepted!


Remember a few weeks ago how I got booted from that club team?

Well, not long after I had some mail in my 'player hub' so I checked it and there was an invite to join a club team called the 'Loose Moose'. I was excited to be wanted again so I promptly accepted. I did, once again, belong.

Since I received that invite I wasn't ever able to catch any of my teammates in our dressing room so I had never had the chance to play with my new team...until last night when I saw "Hyper Tension" online. I messaged him and before long, we were competing against other teams in our division. I felt alive again.

"Hyper Tension" and I went 3-0 until we were joined by, yes, even more teammates!!! We had a blast. They were mostly from London, Ontario and were HAPPY to have a girl on their team. I played okay, and happy to say that the games I played on 'd' our goalie only allowed 1 goal in two games.

Here is the best part: I was recruited! I asked the guy how I ended up with an invite and he said: "I was playing some online team play games and was doing some recruiting..."

I was recruited. He liked the way I played and I was recruited. Finally all my hard work and toiling in the minors is getting noticed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOD!!!!
STEP AWAY FROM THE XBOX..... THERE IS LIFE OUTSIDE OF THE VIDEO WORLD!!
You'll never get ---- playing 12 olds online....
LOL!

Bermuda

zorba said...

Yeah, you are right...I should probably spend my time glued to online dating sites and responding to emails written in broken english from lands far, far away. Good idea.

Anonymous said...

LOL,

Online games are online dating sites... For prom...

That's awesome though, you are back with the big club. Sounds like you would kick my ass. I suck at console hockey. Of course, I've played like 8 hours total.

Is there a online "season" type mode? Get together a few teams and play a season and a chance for the cup? That would rock.

What your salary? You still at the league minimum or did they sign you to a long term deal yet? lol

Is it Friday yet?

zorba said...

Yeah, there is a season mode, but I mostly play the 'be a pro' mode online where you have a player and try to achieve certain goals with him. I also have an offline guy who I play with and you get called up etc. I got called up after about 8 games and am now playing with Nasher and Peca (you can't alter the lines in this mode). We are on a 13 game winning streak and I made the all-star game :)

Good fun!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, sounds like a blast.

You made the All-Star game? Grats! Lol, sounds like it's a pretty good immersion.