Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Drop the attitude or else..."


So what have I been doing since my computer went down? Well, as I mentioned my sister was in Columbus with me for the past week. We had a very good time together doing very little. We did go to two hockey games (I told her she wasn't allowed to leave since she is 2-0) and did some shopping and hanging out. The day after my computer crashed we took it out to the Apple Store to get it looked at. I had an appointment at 12 noon, but we were running just a shade behind. Fortunately I was able to find a parking spot about as close to the store as possible, but that my friends, was when the fun just began....

I was parallel parking into the first spot of a line of parallel parking spots, just in front of another car. I had plenty of room, but I wanted to make sure that I had room in front of my for an easy exit so I kept going backwards. I was backing up very slowly and no sooner did I say to Tina: 'am I going to hit that car?' did I nudge it just a hair. In fact, I hit the car so lightly that Tina didn't even realize that I had hit it and when I told her she was quite surprised. Just then I noticed that the girl who owned the car was standing there putting change in the parking meter....haha, whoops!

Tina: "uh-oh, she looks pissed."

I have a quick look in the rear-view mirror and I see her standing there, still adding coins to her meter, but with a face that was frozen in that 'ah-my-gawd' expression. By the time I straightened my car out and got out of the car a good 30 seconds had passed, therefore any surprise of me hitting her car should no longer have been detectable on her face, but it was. Pair that with the fact that the 'hit' was barely discernible, I noted that this reaction was a gross exaggeration and I wasn't going to have any of it.

I popped out out the car in a light-hearted, bubbly manner and said:

"Is it okay?"

Girl with fancy hat and filthy Mercedes:

"Uh-yeah, but jeeeezzzzz" (spoken in a tone that was laced with--gawwwd, why did you do that?

At this point, I wasn't going to accept a scolding for something that a. was clearly an accident and b. was so minor that was hardly worth mentioning.

Had I been moving more than 1/2 mile an hour then I may have approached her in a more apologetic tone, but because I thought it was just pure silliness I was only going to make light of the situation. When she wasn't accepting of my levity I just let loose and tried to match my words with that dumb-ass expression she had on her face so I said (in the most sarcastic tone I could muster):

"Yeah, because I REALLY meant to do that, and I was going soooo fast wasn't I?" I just kept repeating this and several variations of the same.

Meanwhile, Tina is sitting in the car just lauging her head off in disbelief. I don't think the fancy girl thought I would strike back like I did and she got this blank look on her face so I carried on with the extreme sarcasm. Finally she says:

"You know, you are the one who hit my car so you better just shut up."

Yeah. Nice try. Those who know me know that I don't go away that easily.

My repsonse to that:

"You better drop the attitude or I am going to get back in my car and do it again and harder this time."

Tina was howling at this point. We proceeded to watch her walk across the street into Macy's while we plugged our meter.

The whole incident lasted probably less that 2 minutes, but it is still making me laugh days later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya that was hilarious sis, especially your tone and that dumb look on that girls face.

Anonymous said...

You don't have "tone" do you?? LOL!


Bermuda
(well freezing my ass in Ottawa!)