Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What are you waiting for people? Why haven't you bought yourselves a mac computer yet? Are you seriously still worrying about your adware, spyware, virus, and hacking software? Is your virus software up to date as you read this? Are you still worried about downloading things from certain sites because there could quite possibly be worried about a Trojan Horse attached? Geez...what a shame.

Using a mac computer is the difference between using 'Suave' shampoo and 'Pureolgy'. Yes both will get your hair cleaned, but over time one will leave you feeling brittle and dried out and the other will just make your hair feel smooth and silky.

I am a little excited right now because I just made the coolest book in my iPhoto that I am going to order and give to Rick Nash, Pascal Leclaire and Jason Chimera--three players who competed in the World Championships this May. It was so easy to make and it looks highly professional all for 12.95 plus $5 for shipping!

I was a Dell owner, then a Gateway owner...one day I went into an Apple store and I haven't looked back. The PC's were great for the first few months of use, but before too long they started to slow down, and if you aren't particularly savvy in the world of computing (yes, that includes me) it is difficult to diagnose the cause. My mac, until very recently (hardware, not software issues--eventually the hardware will fail in everything) has run without hiccup for 2 years. No slowing, no stalling and best of all, no virus and next to no worries about becoming infected.

There are so many things within a mac that make them so smooth to operate and there are many little tricks that you can pick up along the way. Not only are they sleek and contemporary looking, there is a lot of neat things you can do with them. I, admittedly, likely know how to use about 10% of it's potential, but it is also about 8% more than I knew just a few weeks ago. Apple offers free workshops for its applications and the iphoto workshop I took was most helpful.

I understand that the vast majority of businesses are run via PC based software which makes it difficult for some people to change, but if you get the chance, head into an apple store and take a look. I warn you though: once you go mac you will never go back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely Sis. Once you go mac you never go back. I used to be a pc owner, and still have one that is only 8 months old that the kids are supposed to use. They hate it and are always fighting over the imac. Windows Vista is a nightmare and the slowness and grinding of a pc is nerve wracking. I will never buy another.

Anonymous said...

As Tina mentioned, Vista has created an issue for some users. And for the casual user, the MAC is a great PC.

Having said that, I won't be buying one anytime soon.

Of course, I've built every PC I've owned in the last 20 years (about 15) with the exception of the HP laptop that I've sense given to my sister.