Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tah-Dah!!

After several days and several hours of pouring myself into this Christmas Tree project, I finally finished it yesterday at about 6 pm.

Here is the much anticipated finished product:


I added some small, subtle details that some might appreciate (note the white hair on Hitch):



And Claude's glasses:


I think my favorite part of the whole thing are the ties on the coaches. I mean never in my life did I think I would think of something like that and then for it to actually work out? Come on.

I know this picture is a bit blurry, but have a look at Mason's goalie pads haha:



Here are some of the details of the bottom 'winter scenes':



Each of those little bulbs are autographed by the players. They look really cute.

...another section:



Take note of the two different formation of '2's. The '22' for Commodore was the first set of two's that I made. As you can see they are very rounded and a bit awkward looking. As I moved along, you can see the 2 in Chimera's '25'. A much sharper, cleaner looking 2.

...the final section:



This is a bit of a sledding scene...I used marshmellow's for the snow bank and covered it with that icing. It actually worked out quite nicely. I then just planted some little guys' all over the place to make it look festive and jolly!

Of course the topper, a tribute to the late Mr. Mac:



Finally, here is the finished product:












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job sis, you put a lot into it and it paid off. I think you have the best tree.

Anonymous said...

A lot of effort and nicely done! And some Avs tickets to boot.