Monday, March 9, 2009

First leg

Billy and I are sitting at the gate area getting ready to board our plane that stops in Dallas and then onto Columbus. So far he is getting aclimated to his new kennel and had a car ride from a crazy shuttle driver. I almost got car sick from his high speed turns, so I imagine Billy might have been the same. He was very good, however, calm and slept most of the trip.

He (well I mean me) got a bit nervous walking around the airport because of the motion with the kennel, but he was fine. I had to take him out of his kennel to walk through security with him and I noticed that he pee'd on his blanket and that freaked me out. Was he nervous and just pee'd or did he just have to pee and couldn't hold it? Maybe a bit of both, but regardless, he is sleeping now and I am glad for that.

The lady next to me asked me if he had a Xanax (or however you spell that drug), but he hasn't. He is handling the whole thing much better than I am...maybe I can find some of that at one of these airport stores.

I will try to post more from my stop in Dallas.

No comments: