Thursday, March 5, 2009

The day after

The trade deadline has come and gone and the jackets came out even on their goalies, ahead in their forward position and are down a 2nd rounder. The jackets traded oft-injured Pascal Leclaire and a 2nd rounder for Antoine Vermette of Ottawa, and they then traded a 4th rounder for a goalie prospect called Kevin Lalande who will play in their farm system.

I am ecstatic about adding Vermette. We desperately need another scoring threat up front, and the fact that he can win faceoffs and kill penalties is all the better. A friend of mine would lament on how well this guy could skate and I look forward to watching him.

As much as I wish we would have added an NHL capable backup and possibly another forward, I am content with Scott's acquisitions and look forward to the stretch run.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a cutie for sure....

Douglas said...

lol, for some reason that pic doesn't do anything for me.

I'm content as well, he brought in Williams and Vermette. I think we have stockpiled up on pretty much all the hybrids in the NHL now.

He finally utilitzed the waiver wire.

He made the team better. Now it's up to the team to finish it off, get in the playoffs, and see where we go from there.

Then I can be critical of Howson in the offseason again, if necessary.