Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Big D for Little B

We made it to Dallas safe and sound, although late into the 2.5 hr. flight I could smell canine urine...again. It is quite confusing as to why he would do that since I know he can hold his bladder for much longer than that. A combination of fear and stress? Who knows, but it made me feel a little bit uncomfortable.

I took him out during my lay over and he was scared and still seemingly tired. I spent some time comforting him and had him curl up in my lap. I was actually a little worried that he was sick, or worse, I damaged him in some emotional way. I offered him his favorite filet mignon milk bone treat, but he just sniffed it and turned away. Normally he can't get enough of them so I knew he wasn't right. Finally I put him on the ground and made him activate his little legs, and before long, he was back to his old self...just in time to get crammed into his kennel for another 2 hour flight.

He promptly fell asleep on the final leg and we arrived to Hitch's greeting. I took him out and Hitch took him in his arms and it was love at first sight by both of them. Billy's little tail was wagging and he was licking all over Hitch's chin and face, and I saw Hitch sneak a little kiss on the top of Billy's head. It was adorable.

I had Billy on the ground and when Hitch went off to grab my bags, he already had a little shadow and Billy trotted after him. We got home and Billy was enjoying checking out his new pad and smelling all the smells. He was loving having a new place to run around in, but more than that, I think he likes having two humans to follow around.

This morning Hitch got up at around 5:30 and Billy was up so I scooped him into the bed with me. When Billy licks, he is tired, when he is all bitey, he is ready to play. This morning he was very licky and before long, he came and cuddled up between my arms and we both were completely sacked out for the next 4 hours. The travel took a lot out of both of us and we had a nice recovery day today.

All ended well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you both made it safe sis.