Thursday, August 28, 2008

This is who I am...


Welcome to the first edition of Fairways, Dreams and the Miles in Between. Expect to read a little about my day to day activities, thoughts, and the odd rant about a myriad of topics. I can be all over the map both literally and figuratively so buckle up.

That's me on the left. The guy on the right is the guy who gets to hear pretty much everything that you will read here, plus a lot more AND without a filter. Poor guy. He is a good sport and he is every bit a part of this journey. In fact, without him there wouldn't really be much to write about.

I actually think this blogging thing is going to be right up my alley. It is an environment that is completely controlled by me, I can write as often or as little as I like on any topic, and can delete any comments that I deem...shall we say, inappropriate.

I used to write a journal but my handwriting, that wasn't really even that good on a good day, has gotten worse. Ooh, it is bad now. Also, I can already tell that my best friend in this blog is going to be my Dictionary/Thesaurus widget. I have already accessed it 4 times in this brief intro.

So here it is, my first blog entry...

I just got back from being on the road for about 4 weeks and I am back in my house trying to move back in. Unpack, do laundry, restock my fridge, move out of tour bag and back into carry bag, get xbox back and running. Outside of a little trip to Phx. on the 1st, I will be home for over a month. Looking ahead to that month of stability feels nice. I will likely be bored in about a week though ha!

The last 4 weeks were a bit of a roller coaster. The CPGA was good fun, and the Canadian Open...not so much. Well, I should say it was fine until the actual golf started. That was a bit of a nightmare, but looking back, it was a massive learning opportunity and I feel like I have gleaned from it a lot of the necessary bits so that I can move forward. I spent the last week with Steve getting my technique back in shape and the week before that with Kimberly getting my brain back in shape. I feel good again.

I am really excited for the jacket's season to start. On paper there is much to be excited about, but the west is so tough so I am trying to engage the defense mechanism that I have developed over the years, the one that doesn't allow me to get too far ahead of myself. Having to control oneself is very inconvenient sometimes.

1 comment:

LTL said...

Hey there.. LTL checkin in on your first blog post!

Love the layout and colors!

Guess I've got another web site to add to my daily routine!

Your bud,

John