Thursday, August 28, 2008

15 Days...


...until the Blue Jackets rookie camp begins. The season opener in Columbus is going to be on the 17th of Oct vs. Nashville. The old jackets could never beat the Preds so a win on opening night vs. that team will be dramatic and could really signify change.

Personally I will be a mess opening night. I get really emotional at the start of just your average regular season game. I have to divert my thoughts onto something drab or anything not related to the moment so that I don't shed tears. I am not even joking. I get all caught up in the excitement and emotion of the crowd, the thought of those guys experiencing something that they have dreamed about since they were little guys and I lose it.

Opening night with a new look team and the tribute that will be paid to Mr. Mac is surely going to put me over the edge. The arena will be filled with mixed emotions and I am sure I won't be the only one who will be reaching for the kleenex. Mr. Mac meant a lot to the City of Columbus and his legacy will live on forever. I look forward to this team taking themselves to the next level and finally paying him the tribute that he deserves.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice start to your blog! Have it book marked. 15 days is too dang long. Get here already.

lefty said...

this is going to be fun. can't wait for the season to start. good luck on oct 17 - i can relate to the feelings.

barb

Anonymous said...

Nice blog C!
If you're that emotional for opening night, what will playing a game in the month of May do to ya?

Bermuda

zorba said...

Thanks gang! Should be fun.

Bermuda--I will gladly be reduced to a puddle. I can't wait!!!