Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Desert Heat


Billy and I arrived back in the desert today. First off, I have to comment on how much Billy has grown...his once roomy kennel required some coaxing, laying down, and not much room to move for the little guy to reside during the trip. He could lay down comfortably and sit up with a hunch back. Last airplane ride I could fit him, three blankets and his two favorite toys in there and he STILL had plenty of room. He went from 7lbs to 14lbs during my stay in Columbus. He wasn't the only one to put on a few pounds...only I didn't get any taller...

Things look good around here except for the backyard and remaining milk I left in the fridge. Why in the world would I do that? Yuck. The backyard is like a jungle with an overgrown palm tree or two and the weeds sprouting from every possible opening. I might have to track down a few mexican's again to clear out the mess.

What I didn't realize about my day was that I am now about 150 miles from Swing flu central. I heard on the news today that they were closing a school down in Indio (only a few miles from here) for precautionary reasons. They are saying people need to wash their hands a lot more than normal and cough or sneeze into a sleeve. Hmmm, well, considering it is 90 F during the day, not many people are wearing sleeves. I guess I should go out and purchase some operating masks. I can prevent against the Swine Flu and not have to smell Billy's poop when I have to pick it up when we go for walks anymore.


No comments: